Excellent Tips to Find a Good Auto Repair Shop
Are you always doubtful about your car repair shop that they are overcharging you or doing unnecessary repairs? In that case you need a really good shop to take your car regularly for servicing. But how? http://virginiaautorepairservice.com/ has all the qualities of an excellent car repair shop. Their experts divulge here tips on what the signs of good (and bad) auto repair shops.
Reader’s Digest has given a list of 29 tips for finding good car experts in which the first one is the scare tactics. This means they warn you like “It will hardly go another mile”. In such a condition, you better turn to the next shop! (But in the next shop, you should be smart and not tell about the 1st shop’s mechanic’s opinion and price).
ASE or AAA Certificate
Having the certifications from these institutions (ASE – National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence; AAA – Approved Auto Repair) is a sign of a good auto repair shop. The mechanics should explain you all the repair options thoroughly and their garages should be clean. For example, worn tires or empty cans of oil scattered on the floor of the shop is not a good sign.
Signing Blank Authorization Forms
By telling you to sign blank forms, skeptical shops may want to sell you an unrequited transmission flush. So, this also is a big warning sign that you should move to another shop.
The experts have also mentioned some important guidelines by the ASE about finding a good auto repair shop.
- Find a good repair shop when you don’t need it so that you won’t have to take a hasty (and often wrong) decision when emergency occurs.
- Ask family, friends and colleagues for recommendations.
- Once you find the shop, consult institutions like BBB (Better Business Bureau) and your local chambers of commerce regarding the reputation of the shop. Mainly you should look for if there are any unresolved complaints against the shop.
- Look if the technicians are competent which would be seen from trade school diplomas, ASE certification, certifications of advanced courses, etc in the customer area.
- Also look for any service awards, customer service awards, plaques for civic involvement, BBB membership etc which will show that the shop has a sense of community.
- The staff should be helpful and polite. They should answer your questions thoroughly.
Virginia Auto Repair Service is a complete car care facility. Their expert team of technicians helps you to keep your car running smoothly throughout the year.