The Best Lubricants For Road Construction Equipment
There are a range of tools and machinery needed to make a safe, long-lasting road that is also easy to drive on. A wide range of sophisticated heavy-duty road construction equipment is available on the work site for every kind of road construction project, whether it is a driveway, a road or a highway building project. To begin, the earth must be cleared to allow for the installation of a deep and smooth foundation. The road foundation will eventually support the asphalt top, which will be smoothed down by pavers and rollers to form the road’s smooth driving surface.
Bulldozers, excavators, semi-trucks, loaders, cranes, graders, forklifts, road rollers, and asphalt mixers are all examples of road construction equipment. These are just a handful of the different kinds of heavy equipment that are utilized throughout the road construction process. When working on a project with a tight schedule, it’s common to need a wide range of vehicles. On smaller jobs, an excavator, a single grader, and a roller may be sufficient.
Every project has deadlines that must be reached regardless of its size, regardless of how big or small it is. Road construction equipment does not generate revenue while it is being repaired. Once a project is underway, all hands must be on deck, and downtime must be avoided or kept to a minimum. To enable this, a proactive rather than reactive preventive maintenance approach is required. A key component of a successful preventative maintenance program is the use of the finest available lubricants.
There are two types of lubricants to choose from when lubricating your fleet of road construction equipment: conventional lubricants and those made with 100 percent pure synthetic base stock oils. Let’s compare the two and determine which one offers the best protection for your road construction equipment.
What is the actual distinction between traditional petroleum-based lubricants and synthetic oils? While petroleum oils are produced from crude oil, synthetic oils are created and synthesized in the laboratory. When refining crude oil, the refining process is unable to remove a large portion of the undesirable contaminants inherent in crude oil. These pollutants degrade the lubricating properties of the oil, which may result in the creation of varnish, sludge, and other deposits.
On the other hand, synthetic lubricants are developed in the laboratory via a lengthy procedure that removes any contaminants. The ultimate result is an oil that is 100 percent pure and has a consistent molecular structure. Additionally, this highly specialized synthetic base stock oil is optimized for a variety of lubricating applications. These 100 percent pure synthetic base oils are resistant to the effects of extreme heat or cold, and they perform well under the most punishing and demanding circumstances imaginable.
Benefits of Synthetic Water-Resistant Off-Road Grease
- Superior adhesion to metal surfaces.
- Clings to itself well.
- Resistant to collisions and heavy shock loads.
- Protects during high-pressure applications (learn more here)
- Does not pound out and remains stationary.
- Friction and wear are reduced.
- Excellent water resistance
- Reduces the amount of grease consumed.
- Extends the time between grease service intervals.
Benefits of Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil
- Enhanced protection for the engine.
- Reduces unscheduled maintenance and oil usage.
- Increased fuel economy.
- Power and efficiency are restored.
- Boosts the lifespan of oil.
- Maintains viscosity grade across a wide variety of temperatures.
Benefits of Synthetic Gear Oil
- Improves fuel efficiency by reducing friction.
- Reduces the amount of heat generated.
- Shifting in the colder months is more efficient.
- Excellent performance in hot as well as cold temperatures.
- Retains a clean internal environment.
- Provides resistance to shocks of extraordinary magnitude.
- Thermal runaway is kept under control.
- Resistant to infiltration by water.
Benefits of Synthetic Hydraulic Oil
- Maintains functioning of hydraulic systems at optimum level.
- Superior performance in both extremely cold and extremely hot conditions.
- Reduces friction and wear in motors, valves, and pumps, among other components.
- Reduces foam and heat buildup.
- Extends the useful life of oil.
- Protects hoses, seals, and other components from deterioration.
- Reduces the risk of oil leaking.
There are several lubricant brands available for heavy machinery operations. Keeping your fleet up and running smoothly and efficiently is critical to the success of your company, especially if you’ve made significant financial commitments to it. This can only be accomplished via the implementation of a better preventative maintenance system. When it comes to maintaining your road construction equipment, choosing the finest synthetic oil lubricants is an important first step.
Your road construction equipment will be more reliable, and you’ll save money on maintenance and repairs if you use high-performance synthetic lubricants. Lower oil and maintenance expenses, enhanced fuel economy, and prolong equipment life are all advantages that any organization would welcome.